General Discussions!

Posted in Uncategorized
42 comments on “General Discussions!
  1. BeeSA says:

Hello, hope all is well 🙂 Janet – I hope your hubby has cooled off his travels with regards to the outbreak of Coronavirus. Hope everyone keeping safe.

Boiling hot in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa (our hottest month). But I love the heat. Busy training for an ocean mile swim at the end of March.

Not reading anything at the moment…not long finished “Soaring” by Kristen Ashley – wow, looooong book, but I enjoyed it. For some reason, I wanted to read more about her asshole ex husband after his wake-up call at the end, when she confronted him about his problems and that if he continues down the path he’s on, he could lose his children respect forever.

Think I need to read something light-hearted next.

2. Tracie says:

Hi girls just checking in. What’s everyone reading?

3. Tracie says:

Happy Valentines Day Girls…Hope all your loves are loving up on you today….Hope all is well with you girls…miss you much. Can’t wait to start analyzing our next read with you girls….🥰

• janet says:

Happy belated Valentines Day!

Glad to hear you have recovered Tracie!

Guess who I saw at Barneys New York liquidation sale today? Kim aka Morgan Fairchild! Bahaha. Remember when we were throwing names out way way back when and she was one of the names for Kim from her Falcon Crest days? Well, she was digging through the $5 sunglass case section. I said ooh hi. I want whatever you are getting. Haha. Her face is good and her hair is great. Her body not so much. Anyway, I thought of you guys today after that so I’m checking in. Have a great weekend everyone.

p.s. I bought the same sunglass case as Morgan’s. Yay for me.

4. Tracie says:

Hi My Girls….Well, got another church story that happened today…Visualize this: Your Girl Tracie in a pair of off white patterned leggings with a Rayon mint green long tunic and off white wedge booties walking out of church (with the rest of the crowd) hands full with 2 bibles (one is Tom’s), church checkbook and my purse! As usual, I’m in conversation with my daughter and a young man that had worked for me and his wife. As I went to step off the pavement of the covered driveway and onto the gravel, my wedge bootie had a mind of its own and twisted as I fell off my wedge to the bootie my left side decided to skip like a damn rock across the gravel like skipping a rock over a pond….To my mortification it looked like scene in that old movie West World where all the church patrons froze in place. Then I saw our young youth leader dashing across the parking lot to dead life me off the ground…for the record I was so stunned by the fall I never dropped anything out of my arms. As I was hauled to an upright position, I looked down at
    my off white leggings and they were a bit crimson from the skinned left leg….I looked at everyone with their mouths open and said
    “Since Sister Ella put me on the prayer list, keep me there I think I might need it! The End!

5. janet says:

Hi All!!!! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been binging on K-drama for the last two weeks and didn’t realize a new thread started. I thought Katie was still reading Credence. I can’t think about that book.

Laura, you started a new book?!!! Is this one of the 5 you need to finish or is this a brand new one? I can’t wait! Ooh, we wouldn’t mind a bit if one(or all) of the Hunters makes a cameo appearance. Haha.

Tracie, your church stories are precious! I read it twice and laughed so hard. I’m going to put you on the prayer list. bahahahahaha. I feel like all the interesting people are in OK. So many cougar sand cheating stories. I love it.

I just finished one cheating book. Save Me by Krystyn Kusek Lewis. It was OK. The book could have gone either way but it was about a couple who grew apart rather than growing together so it’s definitely a Women’s Fiction.

6. Angela Wilson says:

I am so glad to hear you are writing again.

7. Tracie says:

Hi Girls….So glad I skipped Credence. I just read Vi Keeland’s new book Inappropriate. I liked it, it touched on mental illness and some of the tragedies that go along with it. I also read a sleeper I liked by Lisa Anderson, Plus Sized Heart. Loved the H’s father in this book. It’s about a beautiful curvy woman and her battles. She’s a strong woman and the H screws up with her royally but comes back groveling. Angst and heartbreaking with a HEA.

Hope everyone is well. I’ve been chasing my grandsons wrestling matches. Love jetting around without having to worry about work. I’ve lost 14 pounds and back to sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night….I’m happier than a pig in mud.

Janet got a church story….So this older woman in our church went after this 40 year old guy and she just kept calling him non stop and driving him crazy, she was obsessed and she’s a little bit off her rocker. I warned them not to put out a church directory with phone numbers, but does anyone listen to me….NO! So he comes to me and wants me to stop her from bird dogging him…So I guess the men in the church decided since I got kicked off the benevolence committee I was the one! So I did…I said look honey you have got to stop, he is young enough to be your son and you are driving him to the dark side…Don’t call him and he won’t be giving you rides to church anymore, but the van will come by and pick you up. I’ve already put you on the list…I’m sorry sugar he’s just not interested…are we good? She said no and I’m not talking to you or him again! I’m just going to put you on the prayer list! I replied with…. that sounds good honey, we are always up for a miracle here….The End….

8. Katie says:

Definitely a 🥴 on Credence.
    I’m starting an historical romance-Under Darkening Skies…Ray Kingfisher. WWII during German Occupation in Norway. SS Officer and 18yo girl…fast forward 70 years.

9. Katie says:

Janet, I still have 15% left on Penelope.
    🥴
    But.
    Not sure about this one. I mean there’s a sweet story there, but not sure she needed to test out the whole family first. Although I guess that’s consistent with a girl with daddy issues.
    She’s a good writer but this was a little out there.

10. Laura -- not branchflower says:

Hi when will your new book come out? The one you posted a while back about the QB?

• Laura says:

All I can say is that I’m working on it — I’ve given too many dates on that book that I haven’t met lol. It will be my next one though.

11. Ania says:

Hi Laura

Yes Yes Yes Yessssssss what an amazing news to kick start the new year!!!

PS. I’m just wondering if there is any update on when we will be able to get a Sense of Belonging Paperback? I need this for my book collection ❤️

Lots of love

12. Katie says:

Janet, I’m only at 12% on PD. My dad is in the hospital for a bum gallbladder, so I haven’t been able to focus. I will say, she is excellent as creating imagery. Things haven’t gotten weird yet.

• Tracie says:

Girls I read a book I liked it was called Unexpected Bond by Kaylee Ryan…Me and Katie would of so done what the h Mara did…..

Laura I hope you’re buzzing along with the new book…you need a sounding board or a think tank…Lol you just let us know…we’ll jump off in there with you sister😘

• Laura says:

Hi Tracie,

I’ll check it out!
        Yes, I’m enjoying my new people lol. I’m keeping them all to myself for awhile. As soon as I’m ready to share, I will do so here!

• Katie says:

I’ll check it out.
        I’m 30% on Penelope Douglas. It isn’t too weird yet but I’m pretty sure the family ménage is going to start soon. Don’t tell me- she ends up with the mute?
        Wtf?

13. Laura says:

Hi Everyone,

I’m happy to say, I’m busy on a new book 🙂

It’s more like Sense of Belonging than WPF or SN. I would call it a light romance.

Tracie – I hope you’re settling into retirement.